I'm not sure if Lyle Divinsky can still be considered an "underground" artist, because his songs can be found on itunes. But I found out about him in Union station in New York City, where he was performing and selling his CD Traveling Man. I don't want to speculate as to how he classifies his music (being an artist he may not classify it at all). But I call it bluesy Folk music with a whole lotta soul. His voice is like velvet, and his songs are heavy with acoustic beauty. Other than the subway performance that immediately made me ask for a CD, I have yet to hear him perform live. Though  I can tell you from my initial experience experience, that his voice is as pure in person as it is on the album. 

If there is anything good and sacred left in music, this man will become a star. If you have never checked him out, do yourself a favor and look him up on itunes. 

Here is a video of Lyle performing Push On in a New York subway station in March.